Vacancy for Web Applications Programmer/Database Designer
Looking to work in an exciting, expanding company in a growing industry sector?
Evergreen is an independent web applications and website development consultancy based in Charfield. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Web Applications Programmer/Database Designer.
All our work is carried out in-house and we have an enthusiastic, professional team. As a Web Applications Programmer/Database Designer you will be involved in a range of projects including developing web applications and websites for a range of customers across multiple industries. You will work independently and within a team to ensure the smooth delivery of all projects.
We pride ourselves in balancing a great environment to work (including social events) with a professional environment where all our employees can thrive.
Technical experience required:
Along with your programming or developing experience, you should have a solid understanding of the following:
-PHP (or Java, ASP.NET, Ruby, Python, Perl)
-MySQL (or SQL Server, Oracle or other major DBMS)
- Web standards
Although not essential, knowledge of web server administration or Linux would be beneficial.
- Superior skills in coding, testing and implementation of database-centric applications.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to build working relationships with colleagues, customers, and other technical teams.
- The ability to manage his/her own time to ensure delivery of projects in a timely fashion.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
Be able to provide estimates of allocated work and meet mutually agreed timescales and deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and problem solve.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- A team player attitude but the ability to work alone when required.
- A flexible approach and be able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
How To Apply:
To apply please simply email your CV and a covering letter for the attention of Mr Andrew Cope to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is full-time, and the work is based at our offices in Charfield. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.