Wotton-under-Edge Town Council is seeking to employ a flexible, local person for the role of Caretaker/Maintenance Person.
Detail of the post are as follows:
- 20 hours per week reporting to the Town Clerk and Buildings & Facilities Manager. 2 year Fixed Term contract with renewal possible after analysis of hours.
- 21 days annual leave per annum. 6 months’ probation period.
- Salary at SCP level 16, £9.05 per hour (annual £9412). LGPS -Pension scheme.
- Location of work at mainly at Civic Centre in Wotton but also at various venues & Council facilities around the town as necessary.
- Nature of work as in job description, but mainly locking, unlocking facilities/ buildings, checks on building security, moving tables & chairs for hirers, litter collection and some weeding, play area inspections, minor buildings maintenance & repairs, building decoration work & repairs, some operation of machinery for grasscutting, strimming, hedgework, checks on machinery & minor repairs, using Council van when necessary. Work will be at various times throughout the day according to hirer need/facilities, and will only involve occasional weekends.
- Working with the Town Council staff/Buildings & Facilities Manager on a daily basis to maintain and improve community facilities in the town.
Applications can be made by email or post to the Town Clerk, using the Council’s job application form and must be received by noon on 3rd January 2018.
Interviews will be held on Friday 12th January 2018.
The starting date will be Monday 22nd January or as soon as possible thereafter.
For more information and an application pack, please call the Town Clerk, Sue Bailey on 01453 843210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org