Following Government guidelines, the Town Council has suspended all council meetings and closed all of its facilities to members of the public, including the Town Hall, the Civic Centre, the One Stop Shop, the Chipping Club Room, the Youth Centre, Old Town Toilets and Symn Lane Play Area. The allotments will remain open as long as the plot holder only attends the site as part of their exercise, and rules of 2 metre social distancing are adhered to. Council business will continue under delegated arrangements agreed at an emergency meeting of the Council held on 23rd March. These arrangements allow the Town Clerk to take decisions on behalf of the Council, having consulted as many councillors as possible. Some essential or outside maintenance activities will continue.
Although Council buildings are closed, there will be a skeleton staff on duty each morning to deal with Council business and take telephone calls from members of the public seeking Council assistance. Anyone seeking help from the Council should call 01453 843210 between 0930 and 1200 (weekdays), or email@example.com. Information about community assistance & support during this pandemic should be accessed via the internet:
Glos County Council – Hub
- Phone: 01452 583519 Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm
- Online at: www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/helphub
- School related enquiries, including questions relating to Free School Meals. Phone: 01452 426015. Email: COVIDSchoolenquiries@gloucestershire.gov.uk
Stroud District Council
- Phone: 01453 766321 (office hours) or 01453 222104 (outside office hours)
Wotton Area Mutual Aid
- Leave a phone message on: 07545 042 794
- Use the online form link: https://buff.ly/394Hzl8
Should it be required, the Council has established a Pandemic Crisis Management Team comprising councillors and Council staff.